Louisa Dahl is the founder and director of Interactive Minds. As a Digital Marketing professional herself, Louisa started Interactive Minds in 2008 to provide interactive professionals with the opportunity to meet, share and learn from one another.
With over 13 years’ experience working across private companies, government and agencies Louisa has experience in developing and implementing digital strategies, tutoring training courses, offering private consultation and starting three businesses including a digital agency. Louisa now runs regular events for Interactive Minds and organises the Digital Summit events.
She has recently launched Art2Inspire – business art for entrepreneurs. She juggles her work interests with her young family.
In this episode we talk about:
- Louisa Dahl’s framework as an entrepreneur
- Her hard with the Interactive Minds business
- Her 18 years of experience managing and offering digital strategies
- The importance of having a clear plan in a start up business
- The exciting terms and conditions of a start up business
- Keeping the lines of communication open as well as maintaining relationships
- How a digital agency works?
- How she co-founded Interactive Minds eight years ago?
- How they bring Interactive Minds to the industry to meet other people, to learn and share, and find inspiration?
- How they run interactive events for digital marketers
- Making money out of events
- The “startup grind”
- Louisa Dahl’s perspective on podcasting
- The one question she get asked the most from people
- Women entrepreneurs
- The ideal clients to target
- How they target and reach people in the digital marketing world, and really help them be better and improve themselves?
- Louisa’s weekly food plan
- How she’s making an effort to balance family meals
- Louisa’s favourite cuisine
- How she prefers better and healthier food choices at this stage of her life
- How she enjoys making the food that her kids love?
- How they are able to build products out of their knowledge and others’ feedback?
- The process of testing an idea when it comes to creating or building a product
- The importance of trying something, looking for ideas and seeing what works
- The Digital Summit
- Louisa’s tips for putting an event together
- The importance of balancing and finding the relevant topics for people, and building your program around that in each event presentation
- Being organised and well planned in order to have a smooth and successful event
Louisa Dahl’s fondest food memories
“One of my earliest memories was that my parents would cook curry. They usually got the meat, ran it under the tap straight on the strainer, washed it and then put it on the plate under my rice. That would be one of my earliest food memories that’s stuck with me.”
Know more about Louisa Dahl
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“Well, occasionally I like to have dinner just with my husband. I’m really inspired in the business world and at the moment I’m in a real learning stage myself and I guess that’s why I’m podcasting. I’m enjoying listening to the life of Seth Godin. Those kind of guys that have some great learning and experiences. So, probably I’ll be putting together a table of influential business people that I could learn from. Anywhere in the world. I’m really keen to go to New York again.”
Last meal on the planet?
“I’ll have dessert with my closest friends and family, and have a fun time.”
Where to find Louisa Dahl