Finding ways to exercise and keep active while also stimulating your brain can be a sure fire way to get your fitness levels up – and make exercise fun.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
On this episode of Bond Appetit we head back to our chat we had with Alex Cox Taylor. Alex is the creator-in-chief of Urban Climb, a climbing gym that is taking climbing to new levels in Australia. He has managed to build a climbing community that in my opinion doesn’t exist in other circles. Members of Urban Climb wear their merchandise everywhere and proudly display their allegiance to the brand.
5 years ago, Alex and his team set out on a path to create Australia’s leading climbing festival and I was lucky to be part of the group that was involved in the first festival from the food perspective. Today, this climbing festival is a sort after destination for climbers and pro-athletes.
Alex and me talk about the creation process. We talk about how important food was to bring and keep these people together when it came to such a big event. We talk about how that event has evolved and how food plays a huge part in his life.
We also cover:
- Why Alex defines himself as a functional foodie
- The reason you should avoid food that would spike your blood sugar
- How processed foods are not the best option for you
- That a balanced diet is a key element of a healthy lifestyle
- Foods that are produced for quality rather than mass production
- Why Alex enjoys the Fish & Chips on a chilly summers day.
- How he incorporates crossfit, running and climbing into his exercise routine
- The reason Alex exercises in the morning for an early win
- A simple stir fry is a great quick meal idea
- Alex’s healthy eating plan is all about eating for the days needs and adjusting for different levels of activity