Daniel Priestley started out as an entrepreneur at age 21 and built a multi-million dollar event, marketing and management business before the age of 25. A successful entrepreneur, international speaker and best-selling author, Daniel has built and sold businesses in Australia, Singapore and the UK.
Having a passion for global small business, Daniel is the co-founder of Dent Global, which runs world-leading business accelerators and events. Dent has teams in the UK, USA, Singapore and Australia, and they work with over 1000 entrepreneurs and business leaders each year to develop their businesses. As an active fundraiser, Daniel has helped to raise over £350,000 for various charities and is connected to some of the world’s most known and celebrated entrepreneurs and leaders. In 2016, he was listed in the Top 25 of the Smith & Williamson Power 100 which shines a spotlight on the influencers who champion and most impact the lives of entrepreneurs.
Daniel is the author of three best-selling books: Become a Key Person of Influence, Entrepreneur Revolution and Oversubscribed.
In this episode we talk about:
- Daniel’s definition of what makes an entrepreneur different than a business owner
- Three main phases of the entrepreneurial journey
- What businesses must do to prove value of its product or service
- Different grades of assets, specifically the 24 essential new economy digital assets to grow
- The realities of entrepreneurship versus the romanticised, glamourous fantasy
- The uncomfortability of living a life as an entrepreneur
- The one skill that Daniel thinks that every entrepreneur must possess
- Embracing criticism in an a constructive manner
- Daniel’s entrepreneurial evolution from an 18-year-old dance party manager to present day
- Hiring a team member whose job is to manage and nurture existing business
- Creating a culture with an open forum that welcomes problem-solving discussions
- How fatherhood has changed Daniel’s view of the world and work/life balance
- The motivating factors for Daniel to continue to innovate and find solutions for world problems
Know more about Daniel Priestley
Where to find Daniel Priestley