Dwayne Materns’ story is the powerful tale of a college drop out turned owner of a company that now turns over in excess of one million dollars a month from the sale of natural vitamins, proteins and pre-probiotics. While Dwayne was studying Health Science degree he was introduced to the Acai berry through a friend. Realising he was onto something, Dwayne quit uni in his final semester of college to join his friend Chris Norden in QLD. Together the two ventured deep into the heart of the Amazon to source a direct sustainable supply of Acai.
Dwayne is now the proud founder of the company Amazonia. Amazonia’s philosophy is to stay dedicated to delivering the best nutrition to their clients. Through delivering the best nutrition possible they are able to create happy, healthy people that are bright-eyeed, energetic and full of life.
Amazonia are proud to be part of a global sustainable movement, directly impacting over 10,000 families and 10,000 acres of natural land and ecosystems in a positive way. The best nutrition starts on the smallest levels. This is why Amazonia concentrates so strongly on their ingredients in their products. Amazonia only uses food that great naturally in nature, and has super-food powers. Amazonia does not use anything that is synthetic or refined. Finally Amazonia is also dedicated to not use products that aren’t kind to our environment. Amazonia provides whole, live nutrition in a form that the body knows and utilises.
What we talk about in this episode:
- Compromised food markets
- Trend in whole foods
- How business is a game
- Benefits of mindset
- Persistent Intentions
- Examples we are setting for next generations
- Negative side of abuse of antibiotics
- Differences in entrepreneur’s success
- Work smart rather than work hard
- Benefits of food from the Amazon
- How to avoid undue stress and hardships
- Getting high and gateway foods
- Unnecessary suffering
- Tree-based foods Movement
- Brain Gut relationship
- Misconceptions in taking probiotics
- Unnecessary accepting the run down feeling
- Acai the Super Antioxidant
- Benefits of fermented food
- Probiotics vs prebiotics
- Overpowering bad bacteria
- How not paying attention to what you eat forces you to eat junk
- Misconceptions of weight loss
- Complex relationship between bacteria and sugar
Know more about Dwayne Martens
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Elon Musk (product architect of Tesla Motors).,on the beach with Ronsley cooking.
I chose him because he is one of the entrepreneurs that inspire me due to his success and ability to truly change the world.
Last meal on the planet?
Somewhere with loved ones all around me. Not concentrating on the food, just concentrating on spending the time with my loved ones.
Where to find Dwayne Martens
Be on the look out for Dwayne’s new book.