Helen McNall is the Top Dog in the Wellbeing for Dogs team. Her passion is to make it simple for us to feed our dogs well, to trust that we do know what they need and have confidence in our ability to provide that.
With Wellbeing for Dogs she just wants to inform, to inspire and to help dog lovers nourish their dogs, truly, with real food.
She wants us to bring these much loved companions into the family fully, not just fixing them when they are broken but nurturing them, feeding them as well as we do ourselves and our children.
In this episode we talk about:
- We talk about the real ingredients in pet food
- How Helen got into doing what she does
- Why there is nicotine in some pet foods
- What kinds of products Wellbeing for Dogs produce
- How to cook for your dog
- How to improve your nutrition by what you feed your dog
- How I got my dog Gabriel
- Why she would buy half a sheep at a time
- How variety in food is awesome
- What her most intriguing cuisine she ate
- The different kinds of foods you can feed your dogs
- What not to feed your dog
- Her Key Person of Influence journey
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
What foods to actively seek out
- Free range meats
Helen’s fondest food memories
Helen talks about her family and how she came from the farm. She also tells us how travel broadened her palate.
Cook the whole chicken in a stock and let it poach
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Yes and so does my dog.
Know more about Helen
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Simone de Deauvoir
Last meal on the planet?
An exceptional Burgundy …. Beef bourguignon followed by something chocolate.