Jen Dugard turned her passion into her career after taking note that there was a disconnect in the world of mothers, fitness and business. Jen is a highly motivated mother of two, fitness specialist and author, that dedicates her life to show all mums that they can put themselves first and achieve both the body and lifestyle of their dreams.
Jen’s mission is to passionately redefine what it means to be a mother in Australia today. While previously it has been all about looking after the baby and children, it can now also be about the specific life of the mom as well. First Jen breaks these misconception by giving moms back their confidence starting with their body images. Jen supports moms by creating communities that use exercise, support networks, and challenges that force mums take time to specifically work on themselves.
Secondly Jen lives by example after achieving her best ever body after the birth of her second child. Through pursuing her own physical fitness passion, as an elite obstacle racer, she leads others showing that when mum is happy and healthy, there is only ever a positive impact on her children and the people around her.
Jen Dugard’s message on exercise as a mum is simple: “you must take the time to re-build from the inside out to become stronger, fitter and more confident that you have ever been”.
What we talk about in this episode:
- Look after your body, look after your mind
- Vehicle of fitness
- Why moms put themselves on the backburner
- Misconceptions of having to choose between being you and being a mom
- Fitness film career
- Key Persons of Influence
- Fighting motherhood guilt
- Distinguishing between the sexes in the business world
- How to be you and be a mom at the same time
- Finding your freedom
- Taking for granted the knowledge that children share with us
- Combination of fitness and tv
- Importance of support as a mum
- Benefits of a healthy happy mom on the world around them
- Five key philosophies
- Allowing yourself to be selfish as a mom
- Building from the inside out
- Importance of what we are teaching out children
- Comfort food
- Why she didn’t give her children birthday cake
- How to get the most out of your body by putting in the best fuel food
- Instigating the no sugar, no candy
- Importance of preparation for clean eating
- Seeking out the education to change
- Pretending to be a runner
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
I don’t eat white potatoes or white flour often anymore. I don’t seek out fast food, or food that is processed.
What foods to actively seek out
I eat simple food, focusing on fruits and vegetables and the least processed food I can find.
Jen Dugard’s fondest food memories
I grew up in the UK and I love a Yorkshire pudding. Traditionally we have it with Roast lamb, but I would have it with any type of roast.
I squeeze in exercise anywhere and everywhere that I can.
my biggest challenge is finding the time to meditate. Idealy I want to do 20 minutes twice a day.
Preparation is the key, if you aren’t prepared you won’t be able to make good food. I don’t need the meal to be fancy, I just need it to not be unhealthy for my body and my children.
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Have healthy staples in your house, to ensure that if you get busy or caught off guard you have healthy options that
Know more about Jen Dugard
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Nicker island with Richard Branson having some type of degas with good wine, and awesome dessert.
Last meal on the planet?
Just a really really good dessert with pasta before hand. I love Crème brûlée, or chocolate but not too much chocolate, or even a lemon meringue.
Where to find Jen Dugard
Want to get a free audiobook? Click the image below and get a free audio book on us! Listen to one of the top best sellers or choose from 180,000+ other titles. Enjoy!