Kemi Nekvapil is the world’s leading authority on Raw Beauty and has been in the wellbeing space for over 20 years. She is the author of the book Raw Beauty. Kemi’s Raw Kitchen was born when Kemi was driven to share raw food with others in a way that was simple, accessible and inspiring.
She has pioneered the Australian raw food movement and worked with some of the world’s most highly respected chefs, while making raw food mainstream and accessible to thousands of people through Kemi’s Raw Kitchen. Now known as ‘the Raw Beauty Queen’, Kemi’s Raw Kitchen led to the creation of Raw Beauty Queen where Kemi has found her ultimate passion and purpose, to empower self-love and self-worth in women.
She inspires women to add more self-nourishment to their lives by enhancing their eating habits and lifestyle decisions.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Kemi got involved in food
- Why she loves being a chef
- Learning to be a baker
- What was it like to work in aged care
- And why the oldest and youngest of us don’t get the best food
- What happened when she added one raw salad to her daily meals
- How she listened to the voice when it told her to teach raw food
- What are the systems in place for women to fail
- Why you are not broken and are just perfect the way you are
- The 7 principles of raw beauty
- Why you need to be grateful
- Making a list of a 100 things you are grateful for
- Kemi’s take on mindset and how their voice dictate our actions
- Gossip and how to not be a part of it
- Why you should say NO a lot
- Her trip to India and what she learned
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- All meat except for fish
What foods to actively seek out
- Raw foods
Kemi’s fondest food memories
Kemi’s had various food stories. Her first family had a home kitchen garden and they would pick fresh fruit and vegetables during the summer holidays, they would eat a home cooked dinner as a family, with no television. When she went to her second family, her dinner would be cold tinned potatoes and carrots and brain faggots; with the television on all the time. But, once a month her father would make something called Eve’s Pudding and that would be a different experience to the other days.
- Kemi is a long distance runner
- She does an hour long activity 5 times a week
Quick dinner ideas
Pecan porridge: oats, pecans, water, cinnamon and vanilla in the blender. Then, chop dates, add maple syrup and some nutmeg on top of the porridge.
Tips on reducing wastage
- Use a compost
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
I got a raw vegan diet
Know more about Kemi
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Oprah at her house and Kemi would cook for them
Last meal on the planet?
It would involve rice and bananas
Where to find Kemi