Lauren Haas is the creator of Haas Holistic and is a Holistic Nutritionist based in Los Angeles but also has clients in Seattle, Kauai, New York, Philadelphia and Boston. She is an AADP Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, C.N.C, C.N.H.P, Certified Nutrition Coach as well as a Lifestyle Coach.
Lauren graduated from USC with a BA in Psychology and an emphasis on Occupational Therapy and Wellness. She received her Holistic Nutrition Certification at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and completed her Culinary Degree at The New School of Cooking in Culver City.
As a Holistic Nutritionist, chef and Lifestyle Coach, Lauren works with clients on achieving their ideal body, mind and spirit. Through her step-by-step process, Lauren incorporates many different dietary and lifestyle theories to create the perfect individualized map for her clients.
Whether Lauren is working with private or corporate clients, teaching a cooking class, giving a market tour or wellness seminar, her main goal is to inspire and guide those around her to start living the life they always wished they could: full of health, love, happiness and great food.
In this episode we talk about:
- How she got into being a personal chef
- Her first job as a nanny and chef
- Her first memory of being able to scramble eggs at 3 years old
- Her issues with food as an infant and a child
- How all her issues with food she sees as being blessings
- Her mom – the chef … and how she influenced Lauren
- Un-engagement Dinner Party
- Her trip to India
- The smells in India
- How she sees Goa and why she believes that it has an island flavour
- Why we believe that every place has their own curries and curry doesn’t only exist in India
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Packaged foods
What foods to actively seek out
Lauren’s fondest food memories
Growing up one of her favourite things was having 2 Jamba Juices. She also loved to eat sushi.
Know more about Lauren
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Anthony Bourdain in the French Countryside
Last meal on the planet?
A really nice glass of white wine and a bowl of fresh green salad. That is followed by a platter of fresh raw and cooked seafood. Followed by a sea urchin pasta done with linguini. Then she would have a whole roasted fish with whole roasted baby potatoes and chard. With a final course of a warm chocolate decadent Soufflé.
Where to find Lauren