We all want to achieve more freedom in our professional lives.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs around the world, and picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business — or maybe you already have one, and you love listening to like-minded professionals — this podcast is for you.
Our latest episode features Lisa Ma, an event coordinator with Networx Brisbane and Iceberg Events. Ronsley’s talk with Lisa this week covers everything from what makes a good networking event to what it’s like being in a first-generation immigrant family.
Lisa had a lot of enlightening things to say about her work managing large-scale events and how she had learned to find her inner peace throughout the years.
You won’t want to miss this one.
- The pros and cons of finding sponsors for your events
- Finding your own personality as an entrepreneur
- How Lisa’s parents — who immigrated to Australia from China roughly 40 years ago — taught her the value of hard work and sacrifice
- Dealing with anxiety and imposter syndrome
- The challenges of working through your own emotions, both good and bad
- How Lisa came to find her niche in event management and what she’s learned on the job
- Finding your ‘happy place’