Maggie Wilde is an award winning author, therapists, mentor, foodie Master Clinical Hypnotherapist, an NLP Master Practitioner and a Confidence Coach. Maggie is nicknamed ‘The Potentialist’ because she has an enormous passion for unlocking other’s potential, as well as her own. Aside from being an accomplished Author and celebrated inspirational speaker she is dedicated to helping others learn the simple skills to tap into their potential. Tapping into their potential gives them back the control to change unhelpful habits, beliefs, behaviors and emotions that have held you back.
Maggie’s celebrated books and e-Books include “Unzip the Fat Suit Using Your Mind”, Create a Success Attitude for Life, Happiness 101 with the Mind Potential series to be released soon. Maggie was also featured in a book with international greats such as Deepak Chopra, Dr Wayne Dyer and Jerry & Esther Hicks to name a few.
On this episode we talk about-
- What neuroscience says about what we choose to eat
- Relations between our immune system responses and food
- Addictive processes in the brain
- Conscious thinking processes in the brain
- Comfort eating
- Stress eating
- How to still be able to eat and enjoy food
- Emotional binge eater
- Aspartame and cancer
- Instinct for survival and how our system tries to pacify ourselves with food
- Misconception of 21 days to break a habit and how long it really takes
- Control Program Rewire techniques
- Why age 21 is key age for fat cells
- Feeling of connection and love centered around food
- Inner coach and inner critic
- What our inner dialog forces our cortex to do
- Our inner drug dealer
- Misconceptions that obesity is just from eating fats and sugars
- How to override unhealthy connections
- Dieter’s poison (have to, should do, and must do)
- Rebellion program
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
If it comes in a bottle or in a can, adds in some type of preservatives, and therefor isn’t good for you
What foods to actively seek out
Do peripheral shopping or in organic farmers markets
Maggie’s fondest food memories
Mom’s homemade pastries not because of the food, but because of the memories that I shared with her. Secondly, the only time my family got together was around the table, and there was always meat and bread, which lead me to binge eat breads.
Know more about Maggie Wilde
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Nelson Mondela, George Clooney, Ronsley Vaz, Maggie’s Hubby, Prime Minister, and Angelina Jolie the New York Deli in Budapest.
Last meal on the planet?
Pumpkin soup, because I want to feel nurtured, and comforted.Chew More.
When it came to food, what was the best advice you every received?
Where to find Maggie Wilde
- “Unzip the Fat Suit Using Your Mind”
- Create a Success Attitude for Life
- Happiness 101 with the Mind Potential (series to be released soon)