Mike Campbell is the author of the bestselling book, “Unleash Your Alpha“. He is a personal trainer, coach, author and a massive food and training geek. With 10 years in the health industry Mike focuses on exactly how guys can lose their A-game.
He wants every guy to be a true alpha male: the man who’s well rounded, confident, protects his pack and kills it in every area of life.
For that to happen you need a healthy mind and body according to Mike. The tagline for his book is Eat like a man, train like a beast, operate like a gentleman and become a legend. That should tell you a lot about what Mike specialises in.
He is also the creator of the ‘Unleash Your Alpha Program’– a proven system for helping men unleash the power and awesomeness that lies within them, not just physically, but in all areas of life. He has documented eating a different meat every week for a whole year and is a foodie all over.
In this episode we talk about:
- Mike’s journey through the Key Person of Influence program
- Why he calls Sydney home too
- His book and the process he went through
- What is the actual meaning of Alpha Male
- Key man skills every man should have
- The difference between Uni-Mike and Current-Mike
- Mindful eating and why you should never eat while you’re doing something else
- The 52
- The explanation on whether you should lift heavy weights
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Heavily packaged and processed foods
What foods to actively seek out
- Quality Meat – ethically raised
- Loads and loads of veggies
Mike’s fondest food memories
Mike used to be a fussy kid growing up. He grew up around fresh veggies and meat. He has fond memories of lamb. He has some cool memories of climbing plum trees on a regular basis.
- The tools you need to make things easier in the kitchen – slow cooker, food processors, and a good set of knives
Quick dinner ideas
- Steak with steamed greens – 10 minutes
- Use the oven – Sweet Potato with duck fat and a piece of meat in an oven
Tips on reducing wastage
- Eat the whole animal
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
“Totally, and I follow the 90-10 rule.”
Know more about Mike
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Arnold Schwarzenegger at one of his houses.
Last meal on the planet?
His mother’s chicken casserole
Where to find Mike