Rebecca Coomes spent most of her life feeling sick. Born two months premature, her immune system was compromised and saw her develop food intolerances, a damaged gut and an autoimmune disease by her mid 20s.
Sick of feeling sick and tired, she saw countless doctors who didn’t know what was wrong with her. She was told she had IBS and a sensitive stomach, with no clues on how to cure this. She was frustrated, depressed and angry that her life wasn’t going the way she had planned. After years of illness, Rebecca took matters into her own hands.
Changing her thoughts, how she moved and healing her gut saw her transform her life. Rebecca is passionate about sharing her success with other women, showing them how they can take back control of their lives and begin living the lives they know they should.
All listeners can receive a complementary copy of the SIBO friendly cookbook by The Healthy Gut. RRP AUD $9.95 but free for all listeners
The cookbook contains over 50 SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) friendly recipes
You can download it at thehealthygut.com.au/bondappetit
In this episode we talk about:
- Rebecca Coomes Journey for the last few weeks
- Creating cook book and writing on her journey and on how she turned her health around
- How was her experienced most of her life feeling sick and born two months premature
- What are the foods that make her feel great?
- The importance of travel and the local Food
- Tasting what the country has to offer is a great joy in life
- What is it like her breakfast, lunch and dinner?
- Her resistance to Grains and Carbohydrates
- Her dietary requirements eating in a restaurant
- The accommodation experienced of cafes and restaurants she’s been to
- Rebecca’s catering experienced working before in Hospitality business
- Her absolute love and passion for foods through those years working in catering business
- The idea of Healthy Gut
- The real connection between gut and brain
- How long she has started the 12 week program
- The importance of paying attention to the signals that our bodies telling us
- Being feeling better within the 12 week program
- How they deliver the 12 week program?
- Her book which covers her journey and the process of healing
- Her experienced having Emotional Trauma and how she survived
- Finding a way to be thankful for in life
- Living the best life she could possibly live
- What’s her advice to young people and how she can addressed it to parents who also have kids suffered from sexual abused?
- How she balances the marketing business and the healing?
- The importance of time management
- Her love of helping people to achieve their visions and move forward
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
What foods to actively seek out
- Vegetable salads
Know more about Rebecca Coomes
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“At the moment, it would be D. Alison Siebecker. She is based in the states and she is an amazing woman who is really pushing the boundaries. And I think she is fantastic and I would love to sit down over dinner with her. Obviously I got friendly meal.”
Last meal on the planet?
“I love steak and I love seafood so it would probably have to be a Surf and Turf because I couldn’t choose between the two of them. And for the dessert, well you know, I cured myself from my sweet tooth. So it wouldn’t be something sweet. It would probably be some beautiful cheese from Frankford Australia.”
Where to find Rebecca Coomes?