Rebecca Thexton balances working in a bank, writing a blog and creating new vegetarian recipes. Bec believes that you can’t be happy if you’re not healthy, and that being healthy starts with eating well.
Bec whilst overseas was inspired by the food she ate, and the coffee she drank. Her main focus is to create a happy, and healthy life. She runs a blog called Dancing Through Sunday where you will find cheap & healthy meals, DIY and little glimpses of her life along the way.
Dancing Through Sunday is about the beautiful things in life you can still enjoy at a low cost, for example a Sunday brunch.
Changing her nutrition makes her feel balanced, happier, and mentally strong.
Nutrition and Cooking
What foods to avoid
- Highly processed foods – Fast foods, canned and tinned meats
- Sugar – Soft drink, Lollies, white bread, some yogurt with high sugar.
- Reduced Dairy
What foods to actively seek out
- Sweet Potatoes
- Wholemeal Pasta
Bec’s fondest food memories
Standing on a chair and helping her mum make mashed potatoes. Bec’s favourite meal growing up are Ceasar Salad, Spaghetti Bolognese and her special cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
- Walking 6-7 kms/day
- Moderate exercise at the gym
- Meal planning
- Learn a few basic meal types like making a curry, a pasta, a stir fry, and roasting veggies
- Buy veggies and make it the main attraction of your meal
- Pair your meal with a bottle of wine
- Ground Cumin make everything taste good
Salad – Avocado, roasted veggies with cumin and balsamic vinegar
Tips on reducing wastage
Meal Planning – use multiple ingredients in multiple meals
Invest in sturdy tupperware
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Drew Barrymore on the river Siene in Paris
Last meal on the planet?
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese with Mashed Potato and Cheesy Gnocchi
Resources you should check out according to Bec
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. – Virginia Woolf