Pete Newman is an Exercise and Nutrition Coach his role is to help you achieve exceptional health and vitality. He has an excellent track record in reducing type 2 diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure.
It was in getting results for himself that he has learned so much and this translated very effectively into results for his clients. His experience has evolved exponentially into an established framework that gets results from the first session.
In this episode we talk about:
- How he became a dad at 50
- How a family can bond over a culture of health
- His journey into personal training
- The topic on food politics
- What is “doubt mongering”
- The biggest myth is the “National Dietary Guidelines”
- Ancel Keys and the Low Fat Theory
- Why food is a manufacturing industry rather than a health industry
- [spp-tweet “”Food is not a product, it is something that is grown””]
- How to make Almond Milk and why not to buy it from a shop
- Why health isn’t connected to weight-loss
- Why you should never have a weight-loss goal
- What goals to pay attention to rather than weights and tape measures
- Why parents and children should eat meals together
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- White Rice
What foods to actively seek out
- Piles and piles of Veggies
- Brown Rice
Pete’s fondest food memories
Wandering to a shop with 5 cents and buying a bag of lollies. His favourite meal growing up was Duck in Orange Sauce.
- He has a TRX and kettle bells in his garage and whenever he gets a chance he gets between 30 minutes and 60 minutes
- Kickboxing bag
Know more about Pete
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Richard Branson on one of his islands
Last meal on the planet?
A top shelf, good quality pizza.
Where to find Pete
- Pete’s Old Website – http://newmanpersonaltraining.com.au/