Mia Moran is the founder and creator of StayBasic. She has launched PlanSimple Mama and PlanSimple Meals. A gluten-free, vegan lifestyle expert and speaker, Mia helps busy women live their best lives by making small changes that become lifelong habits—so moms no longer just survive, they thrive.
I love her website and the meal plans that she does. I have joined her mailing list and love it, so you should get on it.
In this episode we talk about:
- The entrepreneur lifestyle
- How she was 100 lbs overweight after her first pregnancy
- What she did to change
- Why RAW
- Her relationship with food
- How she focused her attention towards what her kids ate
- That she found out that she’s allergic to gluten
- I admit on this show that I want to vegan at some stage
- The variety in raw vegan food
- Why your influences with food growing up are so important
- How to best make a green smoothie
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Refined Sugar
What foods to actively seek out
- Romain lettuce
- Lots of produce
Mia’s fondest food memories
Chicken, potato and broccoli at her mum’s house. And her grandma being the best baker. She remembers less about the food, and more about the people. She remembers always eating together. Her favourite meal growing up was her grandma’s cooking
- Yoga about 4 times a week
- Walk at least twice a day for 20 minutes
- Stay on the outside of a grocery store
- Move food along whenever you can, don’t wait for a certain time to get overwhelmed by the cooking
- Prep ahead and plan ahead for the week
Quick dinner ideas
- Use the pressure cooker to make some awesome vegetable soup
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Totally clean. Just raw and vegan.
Know more about Mia
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Oprah Winfrey in Paris
Last meal on the planet?
She’d like to have her last meal on the planet at home with family