Rhonda is a Health and Wellness and Fitness Professional at Team Beach body. She is the sister of my good friend Greg Barth, the host of the Life of Now Podcast.
Rhonda has an amazing story of personal development, going from a job she hated into a life whose boundaries she keeps pushing. Rhonda now is a marathon runner and has qualified for Boston! She talks about how she made the decision to qualify for the Boston Marathon and how you got to finish the race before you start. Rhonda talks about how growing up she was an overweight kid and she hid behind food. She tells us how she weighted more in the 6th grade than when she was 9 months pregnant. She believes that nutrition is 80% of the puzzle to a healthy life and how everything good snowballed for her after she fixed her relationship with food.
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Red meat
- Processed foods
What foods to actively seek out
- Fresh Veggies and Fruits
- Organic Meats of Chicken, Turkey and Fish
Rhonda’s fondest food memories
Cheese Buns was her favourite meal growing up.
- Rhonda exercises 6 days a week
- 45 minutes every morning of yoga, pilates or strength training
- Get a husband to cook that is better than you
- Create a menu
- Plan for the week
- Shopping lists
Quick dinner ideas
Barbecue chicken pizza on a wholegrain pizza base. The BBQ sauce his no high-fructose corn syrup in it and chicken, red onion and cilantro (coriander).
Tips on reducing wastage
- As soon as you buy something, cut it up and keep it in the fridge because it makes it convenient to consume it.
- Also, don’t buy a lot of food.
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Yes… duh!!! Rhonda is on a clean eating diet plan most days of the week. She only craves good food.
Know more about Rhonda
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Oprah and Maya Angelou in Kauai
Last meal on the planet?
Bunch of really fresh vegetables and ingredients. Some really good chips and really good salsa and guacamole. Really good dark chocolate and a glass of wine.
- The Entrepreneur Revolution – Daniel Priestly
- Adrienne Osborn – Bond Appetit Podcast Recipe 016
- Greg Barth – The Life of Now Podcast