Some people say that Richard Fertig skies more than he works. But for those who know him, there’s no doubt he’s working constantly – his brain never really turns off. Richard is the CEO of multiple businesses including Brilliant Transportation and LifeZaver. He even runs an online educational company, Short Term Rental Secrets, that educates about short term rentals on Airbnb.
By focusing on what he does best, Richard identifies ways he can empower his employees to take care of the finer details. He believes strongly in his remote team, with employees spread from India to Australia to the Philippines.
Hear about what drives this passionate entrepreneur and how he finds ways to drive his businesses without missing out on the important things in life, family, creativity and success.
In this episode, we get into all of this…
- How Richard came up with the idea for his first business, Brilliant Transportation, and what lead to his second business venture, LifeZaver
- How Richard prioritises his time and what’s important to him: his kids, exercise, travel and creativity
- What creativity is to Richard, and how he views entrepreneurship as finding the solution to existing problems
- Richard’s greatest asset in business
- Approaching risk as a tool to be embraced and not feared
- The difference between catastrophic risk and measured risk
- The day-to-day steps Richard took in identifying and overcoming challenges
- How Richard views challenges as exciting moments of change
- The importance of positive thinking when it comes to managing time
- The state of mind you need to adopt in order to achieve lightbulb moments
- Richard’s epic 55-day holiday through six different countries on five different continents
- How providing a motivational and successful environment for his children has seen them grow into highly intelligent and successful individuals
Where to find Richard Fertig: