Have you ever felt alone in the challenges of running a business? That the ideas and daily obstacle you face feel like they are slowly drowning you? In another outstanding episode of Bond Appetit I talk to Sophie Andrews about the “school of hard knocks” life of being an entrepreneur. Sophie is an award-winning business owner, mentor, and author of “The Creative Collection”. With more than 25 years working in finance and bookkeeping working with well known names in the fashion industry, and is a regular media commentator.
Sophie shares with us how she started her accounting business as a single mom with a young daughter, how she began discovering her strengths and the changes in her business and life. She also tells us how team building is key to running a successful business, the best way to learn as an entrepreneur and how to grow as a leader along with your business.
We also jump into some further topics, including:
- The simple reason to start a business
- At what point you should only do what you want to do in your business
- How to deal with the isolation of entrepreneurship
- Why it’s important to surround yourself with people who understand you
- The exciting parts of accounting
- Why it’s hard to market a creative ability
- Why people don’t follow through with their ideas
- Why charging a lot is more than just valuable to you
- Why execution is the bread and butter of entrepreneurship
- Why it’s crucial to be able to communicate the big picture