Steve is the founder of the Personal Training Revolution – A fitness movement that highlights a clear path based on scientific research for you to get fit and healthy. Steve most recently has founded the FITPRO Inferno Podcast with the intention of bringing together the world’s most successful fitness professionals, highlighting their incredible stories of struggle, triumph and secrets to success.
Steve is a Crossfit level 1 Trainer and is on the National Academy of Sports Medicine and the American Council of Exercise.
Steve’s mission is to help a million people get into amazing shape and improve their lives.
Steve talks a lot about sharing food and the power food has in our lives.
Nutrition and Cooking
What foods to avoid
- Processed foods
What foods to actively seek out
- Foods that are close to nature as possible
- High fat content foods
- Feta cheese
- Lots and lots of water
Steve’s fondest food memories
Anticuchos – small pieces of grilled skewered cow heart. Steve loves Peruvian food. Steve recommends you try Peruvian fused with Asian influences.
- Barbell Squat, Overhead lift, Deadlift, Pullups
- On days when he has no time – he does bursts of 3-5 minutes of exercise through the day.
- Martial arts and Salsa dancing
- Go towards simplicity – good food by itself has its own flavour
- Secret ingredients – Red wine vinegar and salt
- Whenever possible use local and organic produce
Tips on reducing wastage
Mix up a lot of ingredients – use different ingredients in different ways
How do I find ways to eat well?
Steve implements the intermittent fasting diet. He eats dinner at 7pm and has his first meal at 11am the next day.
Know more about Steve
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Richard Branson at a master sushi chef restaurant as depicted in the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi
Last meal on the planet?
Anticuchos with his family
- Book – Turning Pro – Steven Pressfield
- “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.”― Jack LaLanne
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health by Gary Taubes
- Use the internet – YouTube