Adam Houlahan is a Social Media megastar. He is the author of the book Social Media Secret Sauce – From 0 to 200,000 followers in 1 hour a day. His profile is rated by LinkedIn in the top 1% world wide. He has amassed a follower base in excess of 250,000 people globally across multiple networks, that still grows by thousands of new followers every week.
He regularly presents on Social Media for small to medium business, & consults to a number of private clients in Australia, North America, the Philippines & The Middle East.
In 2014, he decided to motivate himself to losing 10 kilograms before Christmas 2014 by feeding 10,000 children. So, for every gram he lost, he would feed a child in need. This is his story…
In this episode we talk about:
- What prompted him to start the challenge
- What Adam does from a Social Media perspective
- Adam is also the CEO of a certified organic company called Miessence
- Adam’s day and what that looks like
- How he got involved in social media
- How to take an obsession and a passion, and create a successful business
- How Adam got involved in B1G1
- His belt and how he can’t use it again
- His weight loss journey
- The difference meal planning has made in his life
- How to take accountability to a new level
- What was it like to go off sugar
- Going on a chocolate diet and losing weight
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- dairy products
- packets of stuff
What foods to actively seek out
- real food
Adam’s fondest food memories
Adam’s parents owned a bunch of restaurants and he was lucky to be able to experience some of the best foods around. His fondest memories were when his mates would come over and have a sleep over at his place because they would get a chance to eat at his parents’ restaurants. The only catch was that Adam would need to stay over at their house where there was “normal” food.
Adam trains about 6 days a week. 3 days a week he trains at a 12-week Man up challenge workout. 1 day a week he swims about a 2k swim. And, 2 days a week he visits his regular gym.
- Use a shopping list
- Have a meal plan
Quick dinner ideas
- Spagetti Bolognese
- Atlantic Salmon with asparagus, mushrooms with garlic butter sauce
Tips on reducing wastage
Use a meal plan and shopping list
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Yes. I do now.
Know more about Adam
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Richard Branson at a building in Dubai called the Burj Khalifa
- PODCAST: 73. Andrew Griffiths on why you should appreciate the food you have and the life you lead
- PODCAST: 74. How to battle the odds, sleep 3 hours a night, and continue to keep giving with Phill Tsingos
Where to find Adam