Impress your family and friends with this easy recipe. Basil flavours your prawns really well.
500 gms cleaned fresh prawns
1/2 a bunch of basil leaves with stems
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
3-4 drops of sesame seed oil (optional)
about 1/4 olive oil
1 spring onion
salt and pepper to taste
- First buy and clean your prawns.
- Then in a food processor, add 1/2 a bunch of basil leaves with stems, 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar, 1 chilli, 3-4 drops of sesame seed oil (optional), about 1/4 olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Blitz this until its a nice green paste.
- Toss your cleaned prawns in this paste and leave for about half hour.
- In the mean time you can make your rice cakes.
- Heat a clean frying pan until its really hot.
- With a pair of tongs carefully pick out the prawns from the paste and add to the pan one at a time in a clockwise direction so you know which ones you added first. The idea is to get the prawns to char on the pan.
- After you finish adding all your prawns, turn the heat in the pan to medium and add chopped spring onion to the marinade mix.
- Now, go back in order and turn your prawns in the pan.
- Add the remaining marinade mix with the spring onion into the pan and fry for about 4-5 minutes coating the prawns in the marinade while you cook.
- Place the cooked prawns on top of your rice cake and garnish with fresh spring onions and sliced chilli.