The more we learn about the relationship that food has with our health and lives, that consuming food is more than just an exchange of energy. The truth is we are what we eat and if you consume food of lesser quality, you’re running the risk of serious illness and disease.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
Today we head back into the Bond Appetit vault and revisit episode 6 with Elroy Aguiar. Elroy Physical activity researcher interested in the prevention and treatment/management of cardiometabolic diseases at the School of Public Health and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts. His research aims to use diet, exercise and resistance to help men at high risk of type 2 diabetes.
Elroy’s PhD study involved the development of a new program that takes a novel approach to prevention for men at risk of type 2 diabetes. Elroy has a fully mature Photography business and specialises in event photography, landscapes and personal portraits.
We’ve had many entrepreneurial conversations and I’m a huge fan of the way Elroy approaches new ideas and goals. Elroy has implemented a self-administered weight loss program that in 6 months the 100 men that took part in the research lost an average of 5 kilograms.
We also cover on this episode:
- The benefits to having your own veggie patch
- How buying more often but getting less stuff can reduce waste
- Why creating oven cooked meals can help to multitask in a busy lifestyle
- Avoid pre-packaged foods and focus only on fresh produce
- Ensure your diet is filled with lean proteins
- Why you should avoid kilojoule dense, nutrient poor food
- How a regular exercise routine benefits your health
- Elroy’s fond memories of his mother’s cooking
- The exotic types of meat elroy has eaten on his travels