Life has a way of catching up to you if you’re not careful, which is why making sure you eat healthy and organic foods and exercise regularly is imperative to a long and healthy life.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
On another highlight episode of Bond Appetit we head back to episode 14 and check back in on Rey Brown. Rey entered into a ten year marriage with the wireless industry at 17 years old. He started out at Circuit City working in the wireless department selling T-mobile and Verizon. He became good friends with the T-mobile rep, and that led to him working with that rep for T-mobile. He even met his wife while working in the wireless industry. He was at work and she was a customer that he helped. So to say that Rey owes the wireless industry a favour, is a given.
Rey’s biggest challenge is his food. His nutrition and his diet. He talks to us about his challenges. But, Rey is mainly on the show because he has made massive changes in his diet by cutting down his red meat intake and his gluten intake. Rey talks about how his childhood influences make it so difficult for him not to gravitate towards a piece of fried chicken.
We also have a good chat about:
- Rey’s biggest issue with food is to avoid the sweet treats
- He talks about how the arrival of a newborn changed the schedule he had going.
- Why you should be avoiding all kinds of bread
- The truth of how avoiding cookies, brownies, pasta and reducing red meat can help you
- What kind of foods to eat more of: lots of berries, nuts, cashews, dark leafy greens and lots of seeds
- Eating lots of Chicken or Fish about 3 times a week with salads is a game changer for your health
- Rey’s earliest and fondest memory of food is when he and his parents went to a restaurant in Beaumont Texas, which was a local restaurant that served hearty food. Like Chicken Fried Steak with green beans and potato
- How having a varied exercise routine can really help – try and include things like mountain biking, and even chasing kids around the house
Where to find Rey: