Setting goals can be the constant companion to building a life of success, no matter what or who you desire to become.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
We head back to a fantastic previous episode to our chat with Rhonda Layton. Rhonda is a Health and Wellness and Fitness Professional at Team Beach body. She is the sister of my good friend Greg Barth, the host of the Life of Now Podcast.
Rhonda has an amazing story of personal development, going from a job she hated into a life whose boundaries she keeps pushing. Rhonda is a marathon runner and has qualified for the Boston marathon!
Rhonda shares her journey with us on how she made the decision to qualify for the Boston Marathon and how you got to finish the race before you start. She talks about how growing up she was an overweight kid and she hid behind food. She tells us how she weighed more in the 6th grade than when she was 9 months pregnant.
Rhonda believes that nutrition is 80% of the puzzle to a healthy life and how everything good snowballed for her after she fixed her relationship with food.
We also dive into:
- What red meat, dairy, pork and processed foods are doing to you and why you should avoid them
- How you should be incorporating fresh veggies and fruits into your meal plans
- The benefits of organic chicken, turkey and fish
- Rhonda’s fondest food memories are cheese buns when she was growing up.
- Why having an exercise routine 6 days a week is a good approach
- How she includes 45 minutes every morning of yoga, pilates or strength training
- Why creating a menu can help with keeping a healthy lifestyle
- What the benefits are to planning out your week in advance
- The cost saving benefit of shopping lists
- Rhonda’s quick dinner meal options including barbecue chicken pizza on a whole grain pizza base