Professional chef, author and effervescent TV personality Camille Macres is on a mission to transform the lives of 100 million people by shifting healthcare from the medicine cabinet to the pantry and the doctor’s office to the garden. How to bring this vision for humanity to fruition? By showing the world via Camille’s Paleo Kitchen that Paleo can be easy, nutritious, delicious, affordable and fun and that believe it or not, cooking a meal can be the best part of your day! By merging knowledge, entertainment, and hands on application with the help of superstar special guests, handy kitchen gadgets, time tested tips and tricks and simple, reliable, paleogasmic recipes, Camille is bringing her dream to reality.
After working as a private chef in southern California for ten years and realizing that her own health had become severely compromised by food intolerances to gluten, dairy and soy, Camille went Paleo and changed her life. She left a successful career as a private chef to the California elite to focus on her new passion, inspiring others to get back into the kitchen and creating the world’s first ever Paleo cooking show. Season 1 started on March 3 and is currently running for 13 episodes. A second season is planned for the fall.
In this episode we talk about:
- Camille Macres journey way back University days
- Camille’s love of food came from
- How she balances being a mom and an Entrepreneur
- Her biggest learning curve about being a parent
- The importance of figuring out how to find the balance having a quality time
- Having more faith in life and a higher power
- What is Paleo?
- The misconception of Paleo
- Eating foods with quality
- The Paleo Lifestyle
- The principles and foundations of eating
- The Book entitled “The Paleo Solution”
- The inflammatory body response
- The Autoimmune conditions and how to avoid it
- The benefits of Paleo and the immediate improvement it does to our mind and body
- Why Paleo is getting popular?
- The Paleogasm
- Helping people to expand food options
- The importance of Healthy eating especially having a child and a business
- The components of superfast meals which is also very healthy and can save time
- The importance of Batch cooking
- The right set of skills in cooking at home
- What to expect with Paleo Kitchen show and what are the different topics which people interested in?
- What’s coming up with Paleo Kitchen show?
- Camille’s interest in teaching and to inspire people
- Camille’s fond of tasting different flavors of Paleo through different cultures by traveling around
- Cooking at home for the family doesn’t need to be super hard but it should be a family bonding experience to cook and to eat together
- Where did she get the inspiration for her program show?
- The Australian foods
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Too much carbs
- Grains and Beans
What foods to actively seek out
- Fresh Salad
- Green Juice
Camille’s fondest food memories
- Paleo cooking fast and easy
Quick dinner ideas
- Spaghetti Paleo
- Scrambled and boiled Egg
- Roasted Veggies
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
- The Paleo diet
Where to find Camille Macres