Jessie Reimers is the creator of Get a Fresh Start and The Heart Foundation Petition. She is an Activist, Writer, Researcher, Public Speaker, Blogger, Mum of Two Boys, Partner to Dan the Man, Professional Swearer, Truth Seeker and General Badass.
Jessie has a brilliant story of how she has transformed her own health through lifestyle changes and her passion for the topic is obvious. She now campaigns for changes to the dietary guidelines of the Heart Foundation and in particular for changes to the way they utilise their famous Heart Foundation tick of approval.
I love her mission and here is the proof…
In this episode we talk about:
- How the food industry is corrupt
- What is her biggest gripe with the food industry
- What her take is on wheat and gluten
- What you should have in a balanced diet
- What kinds of sugars should you consume
- Why you should balance eating to live and living to eat
- What the difference between macronutrients and micronutrients
- What kinds of foods you should feed your kids
- [spp-tweet “”Its difficult to question an accepted paradigm and the mainstream @jessiereimers“”]
- How you can get your children to eat better
- What are the benefits of eating and sharing a meal around a table
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Most things from a packet
- Factory farmed meat
- Vegetable and Seed Oils
- Anything with the Heart Foundation Tick on it
What foods to actively seek out
- Anything that grows
- Roast Veggies
Jessie’s fondest food memories
Spaghetti Jaffles, Ice Cream and bags of lollies were her earliest memories of food. Hot Chips were her favourite meal growing up.
- Walks in the sun for about 45minutes to an hour
- Make a massive batch of a nourishing meal and freeze it
- Heat it on a gas stove as opposed to a microwave
- Make a massive batch of Bolognese
- Slow cooking is awesome
Tips on reducing wastage
- Use your leftovers
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
“Yes and I boycott the Heart Foundation Tick of approval”
Know more about Jessie
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Jaime Oliver at Plenty at West End
Last meal on the planet?
A good organic grass fed steak, with jus and traditional veggies.
- BAKER in BRISBANE: Flour & Chocolate in Morningside
- BAKER in BRISBANE: Banneton Bakery
- Episode with Dr Cris Beer
- ORGANIC BUTCHER in BRISBANE: The Meat-Ting Place
Where to find Jessie