So I found out last week that if I made one base marinade I could continually always have a marinade, a dressing or a dipping sauce at the drop of a hat. All I did was take 2 minutes as soon as I brought home the shopping. If you ask yourself, how do I make time to eat awesome food; think again with this MOTHER-SAUCE.
In a food processor with the normal blade on, add:
- 2 bunch of parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150 ml of red wine vinegar
- 500 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon zest + juice
- fresh cracked pepper
- salt to taste
It is imperative that you dip in your finger and taste this. The paste should taste slightly (only just a little bit) salty and just a little bit acidic (you need to taste that lemon and vinegar). I call this the MOTHER-SAUCE.
Pour this into a big glass 1 litre jar and keep it in the fridge. From this I made the following:
- A crazy marinade I used over some baked fish
- A really nice salad dressing
- A coconut creamed meatball curry
- A marinade for slow cooked beef ribs
- A spicy marinade for char grilled chicken
- A wicked yogurt dip; and
- A herb and vegetable soup
If you know of a mother-sauce, you should let us know about it.