A while ago, I wrote about the mother sauce and how this 2 minute tip will transform your week and your life once your learn to modify it. But in the mean time, here is my recipe for baking fish and crisps using the mother sauce.
Hands-on time: 7-8 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Pre-heat oven to 220°C
Portions: serves 6 people
|The mother sauce||10 Tbsp||To a bowl add the mother sauce, chillies, ginger and sesame seed oil and mix it together. Add ¾ of the mix to the fish and leave to marinate.|
|Chillies||2 finely chopped|
|Ginger||Thumbnail size finely chopped|
|Sesame seed oil||4 drops|
|Fresh Barramundi Fish fillets||800g|
|Potato||3 thinly sliced||Peel and slice the potatoes and add the remaining marinade with some salt|
|Place the fish on a baking tray separately from the potatoes.|
- If there isn’t enough space on the tray, use two. But make sure there is enough space for the potatoes to crisp up.
- If you are using two trays in the oven, place the potatoes closest to the heat source.
- Depending on how finely you chop the potatoes, they might take longer than the fish to cook.
- This is your chance to test and check if you meal is cooked. To check if the fish is cooked, you should be able to flake out the thickest part of the fish.
- When plating for a dinner party, place the fish on the plate and the add the potato crisps to the top. That way, the potatoes don’t get soggy.
Do you have a fish recipe that is quick and tasty? Tell us. Please tell us.