Victoria (Tori) Haschka is the creator of the food blog Eatori. This blog is home to the stories of this Sydney born food writer, who grew up only wanting to eat white noodles and somehow became obsessed with cooking, eating, travel and restaurants.
She is the author of a few books including “A suitcase and spatula”, “One month carb detox” and “Cut the carbs”. She is a contributor by way of recipes to the famous Borough markets in London and would love you forever if brought her a cup of Earl Grey in bed.
In this episode we talk about:
- The Borough Markets
- Noma – The best restaurant in the world
- The best hot dogs in the world – no they aren’t from America
- Her experience at Faviken
- Her Granny’s handwritten recipe book
- The hungry one
- Her recipe books and her inspirations
- The mushrooms on toast that changed their lives
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Unethically reared meats
- Careful about the amount of Tuna she consumes
What foods to actively seek out
- Oily fish
- Sustainable seafood
- Organic farm reared meats
- Chia seed
- Good quality coffee
Tori’s fondest food memories
Her earliest memories around food were her dad making oats with some milk and water. It was all about fuel for her dad. Her comfort food is toasted ham,cheese and tomato sandwiches. Also, Spaghetti Bolognese.
- Use lentils as a base for a satisfying meal
- Use beans in cakes – because there cannot be a life without cakes
- Take a comfort food and replace each component with a healthy option
Quick dinner ideas
Sustainable tinned tuna, with kale and cherry tomatoes, topping it up with marinated feta – 2 minutes!
Tips on reducing wastage
- Keep a visual reminder of what you have
- Chop and change some fruit and veg to create new ideas
Know more about Tori
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Cook mushrooms on toast for Fergus Henderson at her house.
Last meal on the planet?
Toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwich. But if she had a choice to go back to, it would be Fäviken in Sweden.
Where to find Tori
- Eatori Website
- Cut the Carbs in bookstores
- ToriHaschka on Instagram